- Staff List
- About Us
- Curriculum Links
- School Information
- Health Office
- Contact Us
- School News
- Online Registration
- New Student Registration 2016-2017
- 2016-2017 School Supplies
Roynon students are expected to come directly to school and go home by the safest possible route. On their way to and from school, students are to conduct themselves courteously and obey all school and traffic rules.
ARRIVING AT SCHOOL
Roynon students should arrive at school between 8:00 a.m. and 8:10 a.m. Any student that arrives at school prior to 8:00 a.m., no earlier than 7:45 a.m., must report directly to the cafeteria. Students may not walk through the campus for any reason prior to 8:00 a.m.
At 8:00 a.m. students are to go directly to the playground. Students should not be in the hallways, office or between buildings.
The safety of the students is the most important goal during drop-off and pick-up. We all have the responsibility to see that every child is safe. In addition, we need to keep traffic moving to facilitate student arrival and dismissal in a timely way. It is imperative that the following rules are observed:
- The white-curbed area in front of the school is for drop-off and pick-up only. Do not leave your vehicle. Keep moving forward as cars in front of you leave.
- When using the pull-through, please pull to the front of the drop-off area so traffic can keep moving.
- Do not stop at red curbs. Doing so creates unsafe conditions for others (pedestrians, buses, other cars).
- Children should cross the street only at the 3-way STOP intersection. It is unsafe to cross anywhere else.
- Do not park next to another vehicle (double-parking) and do not let your child run between cars. Other drivers may not see your child.
- Be patient! You are training your child(ren) on how to follow rules and laws by the example you set.
If students arrive or leave school by walking, they should walk with other students, cross the street only at the pedestrian crosswalks, and go directly to and from school.
The District offers a fee-based bus pass parents may purchase if you would like your child(ren) to ride the bus. Bus riders are required to follow all bus rules and instructions by the bus driver. Infractions of the bus rules may result in bus tickets issued by the bus driver. The principal will implement consequences on bus tickets issued. Continual infractions of the bus rules may result in the student's loss of bus riding privileges. All bus riders are required to have and show a bus pass. The district transportation department issues the bus passes. They may be contacted at (909) 971-8200 Ext. 5261.
Only students in grades 3-5 may ride their bicycles to school. We suggest that all bicycles be in safe condition, be licensed and registered by the La Verne Police Department. Use of a helmet is a state law. Students must walk their bicycles at all times while on school grounds, on sidewalks surrounding the perimeter of the school, and when crossing any street. Bicycles must be parked in our student bike rack and locked. Students are to provide their own locks.
SKATEBOARDS, SKATES, ROLLER BLADES AND SCOOTERS
Students may not use skateboards, skates, roller blades or scooters to, from or at school. Skateboards are not allowed on any school property at any time as per district and city codes. Skateboards, skates, roller blades and scooters brought on campus will be confiscated from student and returned to parents.